Preparing a car for the MOT, feeling a bit of a berk.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per the title.....this one was a SEAT Leon 1.6 diesel on a 15 plate.
All was going fine until I found the front wipers and washers weren't working. The rear wiper and washer were fine.
Nearly an hour later checking fuses ( which weren't were the handbook said) I found the fault.......
And closed the bonnet :)
The car passed fine!
John :whistle::)

Sponsored Links
True enough....I can understand on some cars the wipers can catch the bonnet when it's open, but not this one! Live and learn etc.
The fuses were hidden behind the glove box - not mentioned at all in the handbook :eek:
On the way to the test station, I was wondering what the hell were the letters appearing on the dash were for......N, NW, S etc - and then the penny dropped. It was a compass :whistle:
John :)

Sponsored Links
:LOL: Golfs are the same.

I thought I had a problem with my Evoque when I first got it - tried to reverse into a space while looking out the door so that I didn’t hit the kerb with my alloys but it wouldn’t move. Apparently they won’t move with the door open - handbrake locks on.

:LOL: Golfs are the same.

I thought I had a problem with my Evoque when I first got it - tried to reverse into a space while looking out the door so that I didn’t hit the kerb with my alloys but it wouldn’t move. Apparently they won’t move with the door open - handbrake locks on.
My 2013 golf can be reversed with door open, though you have to release it after you've opened the door.

Back