Preperation of shower area before tiling

thought you would have already had the answer to that, use a wallpaer stripper and hold it on the wall, the heat will eventually take the skimming off the wall , it will be ok if you want a cold shower , no problem.
no i am not just a tiler, although i have done several bathrooms for customers, and never had a problem, alan partridge, thats quite good,

Sponsored Links
well nuf said, does it mention if the skimming is mouldy or at all loose what you must door because it doesnt you would leave it on. You have never taken tiles off a wall and found that the skimming comes off as well and leaves the render, does this not tell you that without the skimming on it will be a better job, no sorry you wont have worked that out yet, sorry mr smiler oops tiler

So what do you say to your customers? Ok luv, I'm just going to the estate to get me wallpaper stripper cuz I'm gonna try and blast off that perfectly good finish coat. If I find bonding coat underneath then I'll have to patch up what I've removed and tile onto the finish coat anyway. If I find render underneath then happy days! I'll remove all the finish coat and tile onto the render. As I said before.... fark orf. :rolleyes:

Try tapping the wall ,you will hear the difference between bonding and render, just try a small test area first,

I was taught by a real tradesman!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I don't have a membership to wheeltappers and shunters club. :rolleyes:

Oooo touched a nerve Alan? If you want to know my name, look in my profile :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back