Prepping a cable for a plug

Sponsored Links
Have you invented a new reg? eg Advice from internet forums overrides manufacturers instructions.

No I have invented a new reg. What I mentioned was the advice and requirement of a health and safety manager of a large multi-national company and his team whose aim was safety.

The regs are quite clear, manufacturers instructions must always be obeyed. Yes, a reg dreamt up by a naive feeble mind, but a reg all the same.

All regulations can be overriden if there is clear and provable case that application of the regulation in the specific situation would invoke a hazard that the creator of the regulation had not forseen. That said if the regulation is overridden without due and sensible reason and subsequent harm or damage occurs then the person is in trouble.

Sponsored Links
The measurements I used were taken from the little card you get with the plug from new.

Then all the advice you have been given on this forum is totally incorrect. The regs clearly state that manufacturers instructions must be obeyed, ie they override BS 7671.
That would be all well and good if the wiring of plugs came within the scope of BS 7671.

But it doesn't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back