Pressure equalizing valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to fit a steam shower and it says one of these is required t be fitted to keep guarantee on unit. I have brought the hot and cold feed up under the floor to be fitted in the rebate behing the shower enclosure. The only problem is it says these need to be accesible, which is not know possible, do these need accessing often to clean or will it be ok behind shower enclosure ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Take the pipes just above the enclosure, fit the valve and take them back down? Is there room? Is it a combi boiler?

If you put it just above enclosure it won't be seen in normal usage, it will be accessible and you have fitted one as per the instructions. Win/win all round :)

Sponsored Links
Can you get these valves in chrome just incase you can see it and I could use chrome pipe.

not sure, i fitted one about 2 months ago in the pipework before the cabinet, under the floor.£69 from plumbcentre, so not cheap but it worked well. mine was galv steel effect, not really for show.
tried about 5 or 6 places before i could order one, not well known. the only plumber i met in the chase around who had heard of one was a lad who worked in schools and council buildings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back