pressure keeps dropping, topping up all the time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My needle pressure when i put on low is going up into the red, i have a ocean combi system. The radiators are fine and hot, its just worring me the fact that i have to top up every day. When the system has been on abit the needle comes down out of the red but should it go up from in the red low to in the red high, i know when it goes in the red high i am losing my water out of the system and i have to top it up again, can you give me any clues to what is wrong with the pressure going so low and then so high thank-you mark

Sponsored Links
its a bit much every day look s like you have a leak somewhere mate

is there water coming out thew PRV pipe ( this will be a copper pipe running from the boiler to outside) if so you need a ne Pressure Refief Valve

if not its a system leak... Get yourself down the Merchants buy some FERNOX LEAK SEALER (injectable type) whack it in via a rad and see what happens

how do i put sealant in a combi system as i have no header tank, i think it is a sealed system, can you tell me how please

It goes in via the rad mate, if you get the FERNOX injectable stuff it has instructions on it

Sponsored Links
This looks very much like an expansion vessel failure. Many posts on how to check it if you do a search. Other than that, you need professional help. Don't leave it, as the pressure cycling will cause metal fatigue.

Oilman is totally and utterly right I did not rad the question right, definatley sounds like your expansion vessel forget the leak sealant D'OH

Thought for the day before answering please remember to RTFQ :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back