Pressure Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I have a problem with my Modena 80E boiler. The boiler goes off ever now and then, i think when its colder (but im not 100% sure this is the case) and i have to reset it. When i reset it, it is then fone 99% of the time until the next day at least.

The pressure on the gauge on the boiler itself is 1.5bar. However the is another pressure gauge on the pipe that appears to be connected to the water inlet. This has a red dial at 6 and a black dial that is currently at 4, was down at 2 earlier, but occasionaly goes beyond 6.

Any tips on whats going on?

David

Sponsored Links
Are you saying your pressure keeps increasing? Might be you have a filling loop still connected to the boiler and is filling the boiler continously . :(

You say you have more than one pressure gauge too! :confused:

Are you saying your pressure keeps increasing? Might be you have a filling loop still connected to the boiler and is filling the boiler continously . :(

You say you have more than one pressure gauge too! :confused:

The filling loop also has a little tap thing for closing the connection, which is closed and the loop was also disconnected.

The second pressure gauge is on this filling loop.

Again the boiler had turned itself off this morning. pressure on the boiler was up to 2bar and the other gauge was sitting at 4 but this varies

Sponsored Links
Could be the pressure gauge on the boiler is blocked/knackered.

Could be the expansion vessel needs recharging (See FAQs)

If none of these the only other cause I can think for constatnt over pressurising is if your cold mains pressure is very high and you have a pin hole in your plate heat exchanger, if this boiler has one. I don't know this boiler exactly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back