Pressure reducer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my challenge with my shower at
//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/mira-sport-90-kkw-eletric-shower.290618/#2116000

Perhaps I should fit a pressure reducer ?

I see I can get one quite cheap from
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/safeguard-pressure-reducing-343-21866

...but I would like suggestions as to where to put it [Now, now - none of THAT here, please !]

The supply pipe (rising main) is an old galvanized steel pipe coming up through the concrete floor, right in the corner of the two brick walls.

Here's a pic of the incoming supply and the stop-cock, behind the dishwasher.

The "thing" above the stopcock is simply an Earth bond clipped onto the vertical 15mm copper pipe.
I guess an elbow before the stopcock to bring the pipe forward horizontally, with the stopcock relocated horizontally with the handle downwards, then a short vertical pipe, then another horizontal run back into the corner, with the PRV on this run.

Or maybe have the PRV on the vertical leg, rotated so that I can see the guage ? I don't know if it would fit - it would certainly restrict moving the dishwasher in & out... AND would require another down leg to fit back onto the existing pipe...

What would you do ? [moving house is not an option]

Sponsored Links
£27 plus p+p is not cheap! That's 100% mark-up, if not more.
Try a local merchant - barter with him.

T'interwebnet is NOT always the cheapest/best place to get stuff.

Honeywell versus Comap, you're talking Lexus versus Kia.

We distribute the Comap model. It comes with 15mm and 22mm ends and a guage. As I said, the one in your link (Comap) is being sold at a very high mark-up.

Sponsored Links
We are a distributor, so I can't do retail.
That item ought to retail at no more than around 20 quid inclusive of VAT.

Unless you're out to make your first million before you're 50.
Their Commercial Manager must have been on the tools for a few years, working for himself to come up with that sort of mark-up.

ONLY KIDDING!!!

We buy direct from Comap, so I know how much they cost to the likes of Plumbworld, Plumbase etc. Their cost will be similar to ours. They are putting on greedy mark-ups.

Support your local independant merchants!!! They are generally more knowledgeable and more open to barter than the nationals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back