Recommendations for Pressure reducing valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am going to install a pressure reducing valve immediatley after my main stopcock, mainly because after having a combi fitted and my upstairs going onto mains pressure the shower makes the water pipes very noisey.

Has anyone any recommendations on the best valves to buy or is there anything I should look for when choosing one. I've seen a couple on Toolstation.com but not really sure If theres much difference between one valve or another.

Cheers for any advice

Sponsored Links
I always fit the RWC ones, they are user adjustable to the pressure you want.

There are two types of pressure reducing valves and it is very important to select the correct type.

Some will maintain a set pressure at the taps regardless of whether the water is flowing or not...and some will only maintain the pressure when the water is flowing (ie the pressure will rise when the tap is turned off).

I've noticed recently that some taps/showers etc and the odd boiler are now only good up to 5 bar or so rather than the usual 10 bar standard.

Therfore it is vital to fit the correct valve if your mains pressure is excessive. Always fit a pressure gauge to show the pressure being set and monitor the setting.

Typical example is the Caleffi 535 - this maintains the pressure downstream regardless of water flow. http://www.altecnic.co.uk/technical/pdf/Series 535.pdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back