Pressure reducing valve - Trevi Boast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: The instructions for the Boast, (I have ordered it now, no going back)
state that mains pressure must be between 1 and 3 Bar. I had my pressure tested at the water meter and it's 8 Bar! I will have to fit a PRV, but knno nothing about them.

Are they best fitted directly after Stop Cock?
Should I look out for any particular make?
Anything I should know or look out for.
How much should I expect to pay?

Regards
Wolfboy

Sponsored Links
i think it goes after the strainer, 1st stopcock 2nd strainer 3rd prv.

Can be sited where you like, but if you fit it after the stop cock then it will balance the entire hot & cold domestic taps.

Sponsored Links
wolfboy said:
Sorry, but what's a strainer?

Wolfboy

inline strainer, gets all the dirt debris in the water, but make sure u service the strainer every few months or so,prevents debris & dirt get to the prv and any other valves after it

How would it effect the hot water, when all hot feeds come from come only indirectly from the mains ?

Wolfboy

kinell 8 bar send some to my house my hot water stops in a morning when everyone turns on :evil:

wolfboy said:
How would it effect the hot water, when all hot feeds come from come only indirectly from the mains ?

Wolfboy

Not if they are fed from a cold tank in the loft. If off a combi then yes.

Back to the strainer. Is this something I need to buy separately, or is it part of the PRV?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back