Pressure relief pipe work on Biasi 32HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

i am preparing the pipe work for a Biasi 32HE Boiler. i will not be doing the connection or commissioning but to save a few pennies i am getting things ready.

there is a Pressure relief pipe coming from the boiler and is detailed in the instructions. the installation instructions do not state where it should terminate.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me???

kind regards

Sponsored Links
Usually through a wall to the outside, terminating with a bend towards the wall.

Thanks for your reply.

Would that be 2 x 90 degree bend to end up facing the wall?

Sponsored Links
i would try and run it down the wall till about 6 inches from the ground if it was me, useless it is to high up

Should be taken to 150 mm from the ground if below 2m or turned towards the wall if higher.

Much more relevant on a 32 kW boiler is the gas supply! They usually need a 28 mm gas supply unless within a few metres of the meter.

Tony

Tony, where do you get the 150mm if below 2m from. never heard or read that.

i have heard it before that is why i said run it till 6 inch(which is 152.4 mm btw) of the ground.

think my corgi inspector told me, not sure tho

Was asking cos having recently been in dispute with LABC over a combi's PRV, Having read bs 6759 and parts G and H of the building regs none of those figures appear. Only G3 states a distance from floor.

To be honest i would leave it to the chap that is fitting the boiler. Because 9 times out of 10 diyers put safety pipes in the wrong position which can make it difficult for making final connections. In addition there is no requirement for bending distances etc. You may notice that british gas now use a fitting that looks much like a cap end that has 3 small holes in it. It fits directly onto the end of the safety pipe and disperses water at the wall.

Tony, where do you get the 150mm if below 2m from. never heard or read that.

Its standard good practice and is as used for G3.

But I dont know where you would find it written down in the Building Regulations.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back