Pressure relief valve on central heating pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have currently installed my radiators , I have connected the flow end of the radator's to the 22 mm flow pipe and the return on the radiator's to the 22mm return. What I want to know is do I need to install a pressure relief valve between the 22mm flow and 22 return pipes or can i set one radiator to stay on all the time with the valves permanently open and this will be ok to keep it flowing ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Think you mean an auto by-pass valve.

Depends on the system and boiler.

The room with the room stat shouldn't have TRV's

Think you mean an auto by-pass valve.

Depends on the system and boiler.

The room with the room stat shouldn't have TRV's

It is a vailliant eco tec pro 28 and I have teed each radiator into the main flow and return. I have put TRVS on every radiator do you mean take it off the radiator from the room where the thermostat is ?

That is what you should do, otherwise the room stat will never get to the set temperature abd shut the boiler off.

You should also read the manual for the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Does the manual say it may need a remote by-pass as well depending on the size of the system.

If the room with the stat has normal valves it should be fine, unless you have zone valves etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back