central heating loop pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im in the final stages of installing the pipe work for my central heating. I have run 1 22mm pipe as the flow from the boiler, and one as the return, with 15mm pipes leading from the flow through a trv/radiator and back to the return.

does the 22mm pipe flow need linking with the return with some sort of restriction?. As I worry if all the valves are closed I could end up with the relief valve opening.

Also the flow and retun run through the loft as we are in a bungalow, should I put some sort of bleed valve on the flow and return to make filling easier?

Thanks
mark

Sponsored Links
Your boiler may have a bypass or you can put an automatic bypass in between the flow and return or you can remove one TRV (bathroom).
If it's a combi then no bleed would normally be needed in loft.

Its not a combi, and for the moment only central heating, so I guess it is best to put a way of bleeding it at the highest point.

You should have an auto bypass.

Using a radiator as a bypass is no longer regarded as good practice.

Tony

Sponsored Links
would any body be able to post a link to an Auto Bypass, as I am struggling to find one.

Any plumbers' merchant will stock them; you can also find them on Ebay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back