Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any good tool suggestings for testing pressures on combi expansion vessels

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
tyre pressure guage :idea:

GRC - Where can one get fittings to adapt a car foot pump or similar to regular plumbing fittings like 15mm or 22mm compression....?

Regards, Graham

The vessels under discussion do have car-tyre-like valves. Any dry pressure testing kit will have a fitting on a lump of brass which has 15mm and tyre valve. Screwfix do one at a rip-off £40 or so.

Car foot pump pressure gauges are a joke... Mine reads 30psi (2 bar) when in reality the pressure is more like 20psi (1.3bar)...

gsportgeorge said:
Car foot pump pressure gauges are a joke... Mine reads 30psi (2 bar) when in reality the pressure is more like 20psi (1.3bar)...

Always best to steer clear of the pound shop for work tools ;)

ollski said:
gsportgeorge said:

Always best to steer clear of the pound shop for work tools ;)

Pressure gauges on foot pumps get a lot of abuse (like getting kicked a lot), it's got nothing to do with buying in pound shops.

You have to check ANY tool you use for measuring. My footpump reads about 2psi low.

Well I'm blowed, I suppose it would!
No non-return valve, though.

Hi which one did you buy as some boilers dont have a lot of room
PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Got mine from Halfords, cheaper than bying from HRPC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back