pressurisation ofCombination boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have aVoker linea range combination boiler. I have to keep pressurising the ststem asit keepsgoing below the 1.5 bar. Has anybody any ideas how to sort this problem out. Its easy enough to keep re pressurising the boiler, but i dont think it does the boiler any good. Thankyou

Sponsored Links
have a look at the copper pipe that sticks out the wall from the boiler.

is it dripping? new prv req

does your pressure rise to 3 bar when heating is on? repressurise expansion vessel and pos new prv

do you have any wee leaks at rads? get em fixed

Check all the radvalves as well, if the area around the spindle is green or gray or muddy, valve is leaking.

vokera linea models have a lot of different reasons for pressure problems, so i will do my best to describe a couple of things you can check.

1. Top the pressure up to 1 bar exactly, that way your eye wont fool you, if you are persistently checking the pressure to see for signs of movement. Leave the boiler off if possible for maybe 2 or 3 hours, then check the gauge has it dropped at all if so, how much? and how long did it take?, if this is the case you may have a leak on the system pipework, boiler or more commonly its safety valve. (Keep note of your first tests results).

2. Now turn on the central heating, and adjust the central heating thermostat to full. The boiler will eventually cut off due to reaching temperature, depending on how many radiators you have will depend on how long it takes to cut off. During the time the boiler is on you have to monitor the pressure gauge to see now how much it rises, this will tell me if their is a boiler related issue, and if so you need a competent gas safe registered engineer to fix it.

Hope this information has helped.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back