Pressurise Red vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help me with how to water pressure for my extended vessel, picture belo. Tried everything out cannot open it. Do I need special tools.

Thank you
20200531_223813.jpg

Hull

Sponsored Links
I’m no expert but I don’t think you pressurise that vessel with water. Looks like your heating system needs topping up. Open both valves on that flexible hose.

edit: As lightning says above.

Open the two back handles till 1.5 bar then close them

"black" handles

They are open when the lever is in line with the pipe.

There are two so that when you have adjusted the pressure, you shut them both, because it is important that there must be no leakage at other times, even if one valve might become worn or fail.

Sponsored Links
it is important that there must be no leakage at other times,

Leakage could allow water from the heating system to contaminate the fresh water supply to the house.

To ensure this cannot happen the flexible hose should be disconnected after the system has been re-pressurised

Hence the flexible hose connections are designed with wing nuts that enable them to be undone by hand without the use of a tool

Do you have a link for that as it sounds like complete rubbish ?

It was the student house my daughter spent a year in. The lack of flexible was just one of several items that the letting agent took up with the landlord following an inspection of the property. If I recall correctly other houses owned and "maintained" by the landlord were inspected and some were taken off the student accommodation register

Many boiler manufacturers (including Vaillant) design there boilers such that the integral filling loops are difficult to remove after topping up by the user...they manage to get their boilers through approvals showing the abuse of the regulations.
I suspect the letting agent quite rightly didn't want the students messing about topping up pressure (which invariably they screw up causing damage).

Oh, you're such a wag, Bernard.

Boring and irritating - but so, so amusing.

It is not a student accommodation. It was done before by a plumber, but due to the pandemic we have to do it by ourselves now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back