Preveous "usable space" and new Lawful development

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Previously we had our loft converted to a usable space, we did not get planning etc. as we knew it would be refused due to head height etc. I did get an architect to look at what we did and give advice and he said that although safe etc. due to dimensions we would not be able to get any sort of approval.

Anyhow we have now decided we would like an extension, for which we hope to do using lawful development rules and complying with building regs. The new extension will not be near the previous work, but I am bit concerned that with the new proposal we are likely to get planning/building regs people wanting to visit our property.

Do you think this is an issue, do you see anyway around it?

Thanks

Wez

Sponsored Links
Planners will do a drive by and maybe take some photos in the garden if applying for planning permission. Building control will inspect the work on the extension when required.

I doubt either will want to have a look though your bedroom knicker drawers so I wouldn't worry.

as we knew it would be refused due to head height etc. I did get an architect to look at what we did and give advice and he said that although safe etc. due to dimensions we would not be able to get any sort of approval.

You got crap advice. Planning have nothing to do with dimensions inside lofts.

Why don't you just do unauthorised work on th extension too. Then you wont have to worry. Even get the same bloke back to advise. o_O

thanks angel boy, this was sort of what I was thinking.

woody, I guess the best advice I can give you is, if you have nothing sensible to say, say nothing. I did not say anything about planning and the loft conversion, I just used the word approval, by which I meant comply with building regs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back