Price cap

Sponsored Links
I am puzzled why the energy price cap has to rise so much in view of the vast profits energy companies are announcing. I thought the cap was set so that they could make a reasonable profit on the energy they sold without ripping off consumers. Or are producers exempt from restrictions?
The Tory free market model is failing.

EDF is 70% owned by French state who have capped price rises at 4%.

Sponsored Links
Buy a new jumper and some blankets, you're going to need them.

1659099882720.png

No its costing the french government billions to enforce the 4% cap
I do wish people wouldn't keep saying things like "No its costing the french* government billions"

(*replace with any country you like)

Governments don't have any money, it's our money!

But in order to offset the outlay to their own people, the companies that they own will simply screw the countries that have allowed their utilities to slip out of state control...

The European social model that the tories hate!

But in order to offset the outlay to their own people, the companies that they own will simply screw the countries that have allowed their utilities to slip out of state control...

The European social model that the tories hate!
explain how they screw UK when there is a limit of around 5% profit allowed to be made on sale of energy to the public

Being in the trade its amazing how many houses you go to in august onwards even from july who have their heating on you walk in and its like a sauna or you are there to repair the heating because they say its cold . And its usually those that say they cant afford the bills
Putting on a jumper is lost on them think this winter will be an education for millions of people on how to actually stay warm without the need for the heating to be up at 25 plus degrees.
People on pre pay meters should be putting in as much money as they can spare just now to get them well into credit in advance and yes i know they are usually the people with little to spare

I am puzzled why the energy price cap has to rise so much in view of the vast profits energy companies are announcing. I thought the cap was set so that they could make a reasonable profit on the energy they sold without ripping off consumers. Or are producers exempt from restrictions?
It appears it was not such a stupid question after all. The founder of Eco-energy was interviewed on Channel 4 news last night asking the same question given that the majority of our gas comes from the North Sea by British companies.

It's simple. These are greedy bastards. They have risen the cost of gas to make up for the losses, or reduction in sales, during lockdown.
So all that money saved during furlough, wfh etc is being taken away from us.
We should be more upset.

It's simple. These are greedy bastards. They have risen the cost of gas to make up for the losses, or reduction in sales, during lockdown.
So all that money saved during furlough, wfh etc is being taken away from us.
We should be more upset.
To be honest, I'm surprised people are not on the streets protesting, perhaps they think if they ease it in gradually, ie increase the cap, then people won't bother. But the other thing that puzzles me is that the media seem to be just accepting that it is because of wholesale prices around the world.

To be honest, I'm surprised people are not on the streets protesting, perhaps they think if they ease it in gradually, ie increase the cap, then people won't bother. But the other thing that puzzles me is that the media seem to be just accepting that it is because of wholesale prices around the world.

Yeah. I had a go at Bulb, and they just keep saying "wholesale gas prices". I asked why the daily standard charge has doubled - "increase cost of infrastructure". BS. Just pure greed.

Sponsored Links
Back