Price cap

I've just been offered a fix till Oct 2023 by BG 60p per kWh but SC down to 30p.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-200642.png
    Screenshot_20220812-200642.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20220812-200129.png
    Screenshot_20220812-200129.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
Blimey. Makes mine seem a positive bargain - just pure luck that I fixed mine just before it all started going silly. I’m going to notice it when my fix ends.

B2DC8978-85BC-4F42-BEF1-031E379F5F0F.png

My estimated bill is £2400 for 2022 up from £1100 for the year 2021. Its going up again by 30% in October so will be around £3000 for the next year.
We are average users.
People are generally unaware but wait until the end of October. The news will be full of it when the first bills hit the mat.

Sleepwalking into this! Yeah

Sponsored Links
Maybe some countries will have to conclude that energy in general is too important to leave in the hands of various businesses scattered around the world. Their main interest is share prices and dividends - the dividends are an important aspect in this sort of area..

Think a lot of people struggle with what a price cap is that not what your going to pay but the most you will pay in the past personally never ever been billed anywhere near the price cap . Press in not helping as its making people believe that is what they will actually be billed .
People now need to be a bit more aware and frugal in their use put clothes on in the house and stick a fleecy blanket on them when watching telle and keep consumption down

Think a lot of people struggle with what a price cap is that not what your going to pay but the most you will pay in the past personally never ever been billed anywhere near the price cap . Press in not helping as its making people believe that is what they will actually be billed .
People now need to be a bit more aware and frugal in their use put clothes on in the house and stick a fleecy blanket on them when watching telle and keep consumption down
NO - it is based upon the most you will pay if you are using 2,900kwh of Electric and 12,000kwh of Gas per year.

use more than that and you will pay more than the price cap - my usage is around 50% higher than the price cap, if the price cap goes up to £5,000 as some are predicting I will be paying around £7½k, some weeks in the winter could be costing me £300

Do you not pay tax? Buy fuel? Pay your bills?

Perhaps you are unique.
I employ an accountant to work that out for me. I pay no more than I have to and claim all I am entitled to. I don’t think that makes me unique. How about you - do you pay more tax than you have to?

I employ an accountant to work that out for me. I pay no more than I have to and claim all I am entitled to. I don’t think that makes me unique. How about you - do you pay more tax than you have to?
Your accountant works out how you pay tax when you buy a sandwich or fill up with fuel? I'n not talking bout business tax i.e. income tax and deductions.
We pay tax via many and varied ways....
I thought I’d had all mine back! Are you telling me they still have some of my money?
...so unless you ARE unique, then Her Majesties's Government is still in receipt of your hard earned Mottie.

This shows where some of the profits have gone. Shell pretty similar..

The cap - well it applies to our fudged domestic free market and nothing else. Hence some of it going bust recently as given what they have to pay for what they buy to supply us with meant that they couldn't remain in business and make a profit.

No by the way most of our gas does not come from our bit of the N Sea. Looking for ,more of that dropped off as companies couldn't see sufficient money in it. There may be now but no signs so far of anyone actually doing anything. Just talk.

Sponsored Links
Back