price of concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need to get an approx cost for a 6m x 7m garage floor.

what the current approx price for a cubic meter of ready mixed ?

Sponsored Links
depends where you live and who you ring,
call a local ready mix plant and find out.
There is bound to be a few in your area, so ring round for best quote.
Some will deliver what ever you order and dump the lot with you, even if you have estimated over, but some will also just do the pour until the area is full and charge you for that amount.
So worth asking about.
Remember cubic measurements are width x depth x length not length x width.

So you have 6 x 7 m as the square area, this must then be multiplied by the depth of your base to give the cubic area.

You will require about 4.5 cube if you lay it 100mm thick.

There are 4 cube and 6 cube wagons available so it may pay you to have say the four and mix a tonne up yourself, as you are penalised for part loads. This you will need to weigh up with the suppliers.

We pay about £90p/m for a full 4m load.

I've just payed £85.00 a cubic meter for ready mix, the lorry mixes what you need and comes with 2 x wheel barrows for you and a mate to barrow in.
No waste this way and they can mix the right grade for your slab.
If you are south london/surrey i can pass on their number i was impressed with there time keeping etc on the 2 occasions weve used them so far.

Sponsored Links
if thats mixamate, then they are bloomin good down our way

we have 3,6 and 7 metre trucks this way.like nose says beware of part load charge and also be aware you will get a set time to empty the truck and if you run over they will charge you for this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back