Pricing/Charges etc

Sponsored Links
The uninitiated of you should see some of this prannett's attempts at professional bathroom fitting. I am surprised the idiot even had the front to post a question in here considering his crusade against the "rip-off merchants" of Coventry Town.

Naz, you were bigging yourself up no end a while back surely you have every gas ticket going and have a fleet of vans with your hilarious flier decalled front and back?

Sponsored Links
I find it funny that with the work that I have being doing over the years, clearing manholes and drain lines, (even being covered in it when I've pulled the jetter out to far.) I have never caught a cold, flu or even had a day off work. It seems that working with sewage has given me a fantastic immune system.

So Pushfit Naz-- Sh1t is good for you.

Andy

Naz

How do you wipe you arris? Do you get your butler to do ti for you. Fuccking pusssy :rolleyes:

Naz, I am amused that as you proceed with your plumbing training your views on the charges have increased to be perhaps two or three times the local charges.

Whilst it might be nice to avoid dirty jobs, the reality is that someone has to do them.

This is particularly the case with carers and nurses who have to deal with body products with ill and incontinent people.

Tap washer change in Cov is probably £20-£25.

With your ideas on how to charge I dont see you getting many jobs to do at all in that area.

Expecting to charge for getting up, having breakfast, getting spares etc. because they are all needed when you do a job.

The reality is that there are many people on the dole in Cov who do little jobs for cash and at a low rate!

Thats a real problem for genuine plumbers. But I can assure you that most will accept dirty jobs at normal rates because thats the nature of the job.

Tony

I just replace a WC this morning, but can't remember if I washed my hands before lunch.

He's probably the sort to shower head his arse all over the bathroom floor , then they moan about leaks through ceiling :rolleyes:

just love you course cowboys naz! short course in plumbing, get all high and mighty, expecting £100,00 a year. you will only earn good money like that if you have 10 hard working experienced lads in 10 vans and enough work for all. that said a hairdresser with 10 busy salons will earn similar to a plumber.

becoming gas safe does not mean you can fix a boiler!

good luck to coventry

Theres work i will do, and work i will not touch, and removing blocked poo is something i shall not do!

Hey Naz!

John Wayne took no $hit from Indians. A similar policy in multicultural West Midlands will cost you a lot of business.

Get yer gloves on cowboy!! :LOL:

I hesitate to join in here - i am not a plumber but I do the book keeping.

Firstly, I agree with the principle that we price some work according to how much we do or don't want it and very unpleasant jobs are priced very high - that can be because we don't like the look of the job, the customer, or the state of their house (ie the plumber's work environment)! It has to be worth while doing.

Second - customer is paying for your expertise and the fact that you have the tools for the job.

Thirdly - in discussions like these I am often amazed by the low prices some people charge. If you are desperate for work perhaps there is a reason. But often low prices really mean you are actually working for nothing.
Don't forget each hour you go to work you need to contribute to overheads:
- public liability insurance,
- van costs,
- advertising costs,
- any professional memberships like GSR
- any training courses
- something to cover time off
- annual accountancy fees
- stationary, postage
- replacement equipment/tools
- also your travel time between different jobs needs to be covered.

I am sure there might be more.

We work on fixed price and with lots of repeat business. Some of the lowest rates we charge work out at about £60 ph and I really think that is about the lowest we can go for small jobs.
Certainly £100+ ph is reasonable depending on the details of the job.

Ultimately it is supply and demand of course.

OP will soon find out if he has no work at those rates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back