Pricing quote two plasterboard ceilings.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got two plasterboard ceilings I've just put up. One in the lounge, one in kitchen.

Sizes:

Lounge: 4 x 3 metres
Kitchen: 3 x 3 metres

Price for skimming please and can both of them be done in a day ?

I've plastered the whole house myself( bonding and multifinish ) but when it comes to ceilings my hand is giving up after about 30 minutes ! I can probably do the kitchen one but I would presume it won't make such a difference in price for one or two ceilings...

Sponsored Links
I had three (5m x 4.2m, 3m x 2.7m & 3.2m x 1.8m) done in one day. Paid £170/day (South Wales) but had five days work for them.

Should be in the region of £250 - £300 inc mats, 1 days work, may need to seal day or evening before.

Sponsored Links
I've got two plasterboard ceilings I've just put up. One in the lounge, one in kitchen.

Sizes:

Lounge: 4 x 3 metres
Kitchen: 3 x 3 metres

Price for skimming please and can both of them be done in a day ?

I've plastered the whole house myself( bonding and multifinish ) but when it comes to ceilings my hand is giving up after about 30 minutes ! I can probably do the kitchen one but I would presume it won't make such a difference in price for one or two ceilings...

Not much of a difference, just double ;)

Should be in the region of £250 - £300 inc mats, 1 days work, may need to seal day or evening before.
Yanni; If you’ve done some plastering, you must have some idea of how long it will take. If working on your own, it’s got to be based on “mix/set” times & I would say that’s one guy ¾ of a day with tea & lunch; should be no more than £200. Assuming the boards have only just gone up, you don’t need to seal the day before; in fact you don’t need to seal boards at all but it does help a bit if you struggle with ceilings!

Sorry yanni / richard,
misread the original spec, thought it was a reskim, so i agree no need to seal, my quote is average - maximum just a guide for yanni!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back