Prima LPR 600 Dishwasher pum runs continuously

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help? I have a Prima LPR 600 and the drain pump is running continously, even when opening the door. This fault started with the START indicator lamp flashing but no water in the dishwasher. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Not much info out there about this model. It is a rebranded Whirlpool. I believe that if you hold the start button for about 10 seconds it is supposed to re-set the appliance.

Count the flashes and post the result here, the number of flashes between pauses is an error code.

Sponsored Links
That indicates a flooded base.
Pull it out, tip it back about 45 degrees (some towels around the rear are needed) and drain the base. Try it again, if it fails again you've probably got a leak into the base.
Don't use 3, 4 or 5 in 1 tablets as well as rinse aid, this overfoams and floods the base.

Hi Sleepyhead - Thanks for the reply. The fault now seems to have changed. At the start of a cycle the pump runs for a while and then the machine beeps and there are now 4 flashes between pauses.

4 flashes indicates a drainage failure.
More likely the black grid in the sump is clogged, carefully clean it out taking care not to damage the internals.

The machine appears to drain OK. I have filled it several times with water and allowed to drain into a bucket. There is good flow and the water comes out clear. The black filter looks clear. Can it be removed for cleaning?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back