Primatic cylinders

The flue lengths run up to 110m using 3 inch cheap plastic drain pipe, or a co-axial flue - the same used by Ideal.

That and the ability to suck 40kW through god knows how many meters of ½" pipe make these boilers a wonder of the modern era @Grumpy Gasman. I certainly won't bother spending £400 on a flare stack to test a gas supply on a project and just tell them that the 10:1 turndown ratio will compensate for the massive overkill on DHW as the alternative of digging up huge swathes of courtyard and a blacksmiths workshop if the gas supply is undersized will be unnecessary.

All hail Hard-On and the Koreans.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is "state of the art" really a good premise to base a decision on ? The more complexity there is then the more there is to go wrong.
Less complexity. Less pipe, no cylinders and a state-of-art combi that saves a ton of money in gas bills.

As said hard-work hasn’t a clue, the reviews say it all.
He has no experience whatsover of any of the products he pushes on here.
Recommending the Ferroli just about sums him up, absolute bag of xxxx as is the Navian.
You are a plumber with little experience, or knowledge, of heating, so insult as you cannot move out of your comfort zone. Stick to drains or gas meters. Heating is out of your scope.

On that web site one said this:

Satisfaction Rating:

spacer.gif
Very Satisfied . 5 star

Review:
"Don't buy from Plumber. Use HVAC contractor"
Over 10 years of installing these units and I have minimal problems. The customer service at Navien is the best. Parts are easily available, if the part is not in stock, it gets delivered by noon tomorrow from California. If your unit has problems, it is definitely from poor install, bad water or dirty power.

Also:
https://crawleygasengineer.co.uk/blog/post/navien-combi-boiler-review

Last edited:
In this case a high performance combi must be assessed to give value to the customer who will be ignorant of these matters, instead of running in and running out. The customer is going spend a lot to remain still stuck with an antiquated CH/water system, when with some extra spending (not much in comparison) he has a state-of-the-art system.

A professional responsible attitude must be maintained and applied.

I would hope that by the show of posts that I've made to enquire about this system, it's workings and the best way to deal with it showcase the fact that I am not in fact, as you put it "running in and running out" but that I am giving quite a lot of thought to the job and the customers requirements.

I feel that when you speak to a fellow tradesman and their mantra is "throw a combi in" it gives the sense that they don't want to expand their minds to the possibilities of other systems working just as well if not better in some instances. A lot of people fear the unknown and tend to just manipulate the situation to suit what they know. I on the other hand embrace things that I haven't come across before out of not only curiosity but respect for the trade that I'm in.

This benefits me in the future because the next time I come across Primatic cylinder I will know how it works and how to deal with it instead of turning round and saying "yeah I've seen one of these before but f**k dealing with that, I just threw a combi in"

Please refrain from replying to my posts unless it is of the stated purpose of the thread e.g Primatic cylinders because I don't want to hear about it. If I wanted to know about Navien boilers I would research it or ask someone who has dealt with them.

By what you have described, it appears you need to offer the customer a superior job for little extra.

By what you have described, it appears you need to offer the customer a superior job for little extra.

Little extra? You clearly have not read my previous posts. The boiler that is in is in working condition, the cylinder costs £400 from my supplier, all the work that I will be doing can be done from the attic.

What you're suggesting is that I condemn the working boiler, resituate it to a place where I can fit it (as at the minute it's in a tiny cupboard being a heat only), reroute my pipework, bring a cold feed to it, run a condensate somewhere and core a new hole. The new boiler will be in the region of a grand alone, then you're 2 guys for at least a shift and a half doing the conversion.

Hardly little extra

I spend a shift in attic and they have their system back working as per, job done and I've not flogged them a boiler unnecessarily

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back