Private message questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello DIYnot :) :) :) .

I've just begun to make use of private messages. Is there any way to put a quote into a message - or a smiley?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Private messages don't currently support BBcode or smilies.

mattylad said:
Same way as in a public post isnt it?

That was what I expected but, when I came to write a PM, the options weren't there. :confused: :confused: :confused: I tried just typing the characters (":_lol_:" without the spaces) but, from what Admin says, it won't work. :( :( :( I'll just have to rely on the recipient knowing what I meant.

PS: Nearly forgot; thanks Admin. :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
Less chaff?
Easier to read? You work that one out yourselves.

IIRC there is only so much space left for PM`s too on PHP, or is that dependent on the host server. Been so long since I played with ~PHP :D

If I had that would be a valid question. The PM system we use has never been capable of bbcode. It is something we may add in the future but is not on the immediate agenda.

If I had that would be a valid question. The PM system we use has never been capable of bbcode. It is something we may add in the future but is not on the immediate agenda.

It should be in the basic package IIRC.
You have to enable it though.

This forum certainly looks like phpBB. I know phpbB's PM code supports BBCode.

The private message system is not phpBBs. While the forum started out as phpBB many many moons ago, there have been many changes and from a code point of view much has changed.

The private message system is not phpBBs. While the forum started out as phpBB many many moons ago, there have been many changes and from a code point of view much has changed.

Yes, I know that. It's quite clear from the state of the site.

Well that's not what you inferred from your previous post :rolleyes:

Well that's not what I understood from your second post onwards.

The original question has been answered, so this topic is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back