Problem- 2 way dimmer problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a two way dimmer switch and the unit is working, well the light comes on.

Problems
1 the light flickers alot,
2 Light does not go anyway near as bright as before the dimmer was added
3 The dimmer switch buzz's when on

Where have i gone wrong and how do i fix it
Thanks
lee

Sponsored Links
Whats the dimmable rating of the switch and what is the type and load(watts) of the lights you are trying to dim?

What wattage and type of lamps go in the light, how many, what voltage?

Sponsored Links
How have you connected it? Which coloured wire to which terminal?

I'm sorry to pour scorn on your efforts, but if you can't answer these simple questions, you should not be messing about with electricity.

Well in my home we have dimmers in all 3 bedrooms, living room and dining room and we yet have not had one that does not make some sound when in use. :confused:

fosterweb said:
Well in my home we have dimmers in all 3 bedrooms, living room and dining room and we yet have not had one that does not make some sound when in use. :confused:

as i said

breezer said:
good quality dimmers don't

Oh im so sorry.

Anyway back on topic if you have purchased a standard quality dimmer then the buzz is a normal side effect.

i admit apart from annoying, it is normal for some (poor build quality) dimmers, and nothing to worry about

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back