Problem bolting vertical post to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm trying to bolt vertical 90mmx90mm posts to an existing slabbed patio wall and they will act as ballustrades for a deck on top of the patio.

I was going to use rawlbolts with hex heads M10 going into the brick 65mm (and taking max fixture 75mm, ie I'd rebate into the post).

The first two I tested didn't work because the bricks have 10 holes and the conical end of the bolt either can't grip or is fouling on one of the holes.

Also, not enough brick at its outer edges to secure the bolt.

Picture attached to show the problem.

Can anyone help please - is there another type of fixing which would be strong enough ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I am guessing some form of resin injection will be required, but then I have never come across this issue, so others will give more advice.

thanks wabbitpoo - resin looks the best option. spoke to a technical guy at rawlplug today who was very helpful and suggested the same thing
cheers :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back