Problem garages

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I need advice on my 160bhp vvc engine in my car.
It had hgf a month after purchasing the car and a local garage took the job on. It came back running worse than it went in. I took it back, the timing was out and it was 'pinking' a third party told me.

He re timed it and gave it me back. Now it ran better but most hydrolic lifters had failed and were banging on any start when the car had been turned off for 20mins.

I wasn't taking it back a third time, I shouldn't need to.

I took it to the third party above and he said new lifters.
The car was so quiet you could not here it one warm.
The third party put new lifters in (so I thought) and told me it was still not timed right (vvc side I think) and he had reset it.
It was rolling Roaded while there to confirm correct working.
I picked the car up and started her up and she was nice a quiet from cold, I was happy a paid my money. As I drove off I headed for Holmefirth to stretch its legs a little but as the engine came up to temp there was a noise I had never heard before. Like a ticking sound.
The car went back the next day and the garage said 'it was not like that when it left here, have you thrashed it, I hadn't and said so. He had the car for 2weeks more and in that time only did an oil change read the oil pressure ( gauge fault) he said he would only need it a couple of hours.
He told me he wanted a new vvc unit before he would strip it.
I bought one at £560 new and he told me to cancel the order and take it back.
I did with differculty and he wanted now £500+vat + parts to do the whole hgf repair again saying there must be a blockage for oil to the head.
( it was oil to water hgf so no flushing engine needed)
I thought he was having a laugh, my car was making noises I have never heard and he was refusing to do anything about it but charge me for ANOTHER hgf repair.

I took the car away and sent it to a rover tech notion with 15 years experiance and it ain't good for my pride and joy.

The "new lifters were scored quite bad and one had a dint in the side. One also clicked when depressed. The rover tech changed all the lifters and thought that was that.
The noise was still there so I took it back.
He said its the back vvc mech, I bought a new one £560 and it is still the same.
I am at a complete loss with it, £2600 out of pocket and my car sounding as worse than it did WITH hgf.

I have dropped it of again at the rover tech today but I'm not holding my breath.

Where do I stand these garages. I have little money left and it makes me feel sick thinking about all this money I have spent.
I am angry, annoyed and don't know how to go about putting this right.
I rang a solicitor today and he wanted £90 to tell me if I had a case, I told him to fook off.

Any ideas? its been going on for 5 months now and has no sign of giving up.

Sponsored Links
Back