Problem - Lights not working upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I am currently doing a kitchen project and moved a light position by about a foot earlier. When we have reconnected it something seems to have gone wrong as the lights upstairs no longer work (all lights downstairs work). I have attached some pics of various angles....can someone help as to where I have gone wrong?

I have an electrician who is coming around later in the week (hence the earth is only twisted together atm) who is doing the second fix but would like to get this sorted before he comes as I would like the lights working upstairs.

P.S. The dark grey is the switch wire.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

IMG_1675.JPG
IMG_1676.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1677 (1).JPG
    IMG_1677 (1).JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 122
Sponsored Links
That looks a right mess. Where is the green/yellow sleeving on the earth wires? Just twisting them together is not good enough either. I suggest you call in an electrician.

I guess you only have one lighting circuit for the whole house? Also I suppose that you have just repositioned the original cables (i.e. there arent any other junction boxes that you have added that we cannot see)?

If the above is true then look for a broken conductor at or near those bits of choc block. Then you'll need a two probe test meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back