Problem pressure bleeding VW Up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

I'm trying to pressure bleed an Up! and having issues with the flow rate of the fluid out the bleed valves.

The official manual says 29psi, so that's what I've pumped the system to. Once pressurised, upon opening the bleeds (all the same) the fluid very slowly fills the drain tube and forces the air in the tube up to the highest point. There then remains an air bubble at the highest point (and at various other points through the tube) and very very little flow of brake fluid! After 5 mins there is almost no appreciable change in the fluid level in a 2litre drinks bottle. I would expect at 29psi there would be a noticeable flow.

It does seem to flow out to start with and then almost stop!

Any thoughts, ideas or experience?

Sponsored Links
Is this the rear brakes you are bleeding, and are you pressurising the system with a Gunsons Eezibleed or similar?
John :)

It's a Sealey VS820 I'm using. It was the rear brakes that seemed worse, but I thought I'd try a front one to see if it might be a blockage etc, but it bled pretty much just as poorly.

Don't really understand how the pressure isn't carrying through.

Sponsored Links
For sure, I would have expected a free flow of fluid from the front......maybe less from the rear.
Would it be possible for you to get a helper to press the brake pedal just a little, when you have pressure on?
Maybe you could vacuum the brake fluid out, but I can't really see how that would be different.
John :)

Back