problem where extension meets orginal wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a query on tiling. Posted here as I think its now a building issue. From a request for photo lifted lino (on part of the floor) and noticed a bit damp or condensation (seemingly went quickly since lifting lino) . We had extension circa 18 months ago last year and all seemed fine). The new ext floor has membrane and insulation whilst the original floor is concrete with no membrane or insulation. The problem is where the old external wall was . Its a skim over original DPC. Can I just put some waterproofer over the section or do I need to dig out say a brick deep, put DPC membrane down and up sides and then concrete over?

Attachments

• 20180110_081852[1].jpg
    20180110_081852[1].jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 203
Sponsored Links
If it is a skim over the original DPC, then presumably its not damp but condensation.

Thanks. If we choose to tile do we need a waterproofer etc underneath? Or will the tiles themselves deal with condensation?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back