Problem with Baxi Solo 2-60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone give advice on my boiler problem please.
It's a Baxi Solo which has just stopped working after about 10yrs service.
The "Boiler On" light lights, but that's about it, all the supplies are there and the pump runs. I've gone through the fault finding flow chart which is on the inside of the cover and all seems ok. It suggests to test the sensor, pilot solenoid and potentiometer all are ok.
The PCB is showing signs of heat around a few of the resistors, do you think it likely that it needs a new control board and if so are they readily available/where from?
Thanks for any help Richard

Sponsored Links
Can you here the fan spinning? I doubt it if there are no other lights on.

You need to check for 240V at the fan terminals as long as you feel comfortable testing live electrics :eek:

If thats the case then it sounds like the pcb to me. They have a bit of a bad reputation. They are readily available via internet shops or partscenter, although the latter will probably be dearer.

The boiler will not work until the fan spins, aps proves fan, then it will go to ignition cylce.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dave, there are a couple of relays on the board does one of them switch the fan?
I had been advised to go to British Gas who do a repair for £168 all in, but there's never anyone at ome here and it would mean 2 visits = 2 days of work, so i may risk it and try a new control board.

Afraid I'm not technical enough to know what parts of pcb do what, but what you say sounds probable. Have you reied tapping the pcb/relays? Do the relays look burnt or melted?

Retail of pcb is £155 + VAT, but i'm sure you could find cheaper on the net, otherwise BG sounds good value and warranted.

OP before changing board make sure the fan runs freely as it is often the fan struggling that kills the board.

vvvvvvvv please re-read what i put as i said fan runs freely i did not say with voltage a spin with the hand test proves if it runs freely and that simple little test could save the OP a 2nd board if it is stiff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back