Problem with condenser boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is an 11yr old Ferolli Modena, which is serviced regularly. Yesterday, I turned on the hot water tap and the boiler started up. After 5 or so seconds it switched itself off. No hot water, no showers, etc. I have no idea what has gone wrong but I do hope there is someone out there that can help without me having to resort to a call out.

Thanks,
Percy.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, 1. The power/pressure light is flashing. (BTW, I upped the pressure from 0.2 to 1.4b before I tried to start the hot water.)

If the light is still flashing then the sensor is blocked/guffed.

You might be able to get it cleaned out. Otherwise is will need replacing.

They are about £30 or £40 for the part. Should be doable in an hour.

Although these boiler are crap and collateral damage is a risk.

Thanks for your help Dan. I don't think I'll mess with it myself just in case I really bugger it up. I'll call in a local Gassafe heating engineer.

No worried. Tell him the water pressure sensor SEEMS to have blocked.

But let him have a shufty first. We don't mind being pointed in the right direction, but pushy customers can be a real turn off - especially when we have a Ferroli to contend with as well.

Oh, and it's not a condensing boiler - just a standard efficiency combination boiler.

Yes, 1. The power/pressure light is flashing. (BTW, I upped the pressure from 0.2 to 1.4b before I tried to start the hot water.)
Did you try resetting the boiler after topping up the pressure? They don't always reset automatically after low pressure.
Maybe the gauge is inaccurate, try putting a bit more pressure in it, but do it slowly.

Yes I did - even to the extent of switching the boiler off at the wall and leaving it switched off for an hour. Still flashing afterwards.

You're the man Dan :D. Thank you for your advice. It was the low pressure sensor that was the problem and has been fully fixed by by-passing the connections to get water circulating around the system. The wires were refitted to the sensor and EVERYTHING worked properly :woohoo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back