problem with danfoss programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am having problems with my central heating. have a danfoss fp 720 Honeywell L641A1039 Cylinder Stat

the danfossfp 720 was bought in March and not the firing symbol for the hot water is on outside the timing eg time set 5 am to 6 and symbol still there at 6 30

the boiler comes on at night no symbol for hot water and temp goes to 66 degress c the water pump gets hot as do the central heating pips

this morning no hot water symbol on , and boiler on 57 degrees so i turned the boiler off

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
when the boiler is fireing outside the timed demand range check the HW Zone valve and if it is closed then you have a faulty micro switch in the zone valve

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
the boiler danfoss fp 720 and cylinder sat, three-way valve are all in one place there is solar hot water as a separate system it is a Worcester boiler no frost sat the system is in a boiler room in the house the programmer cylinder stat three-way valve are new

Which Worcester boiler ? some have an inbuilt frost protection , something is telling the boiler to come on

does greeenstar boiler mean anything can not find it on the boiler

as i see it the boiler turns on a by the programmer but not only at the times it should. the cylinder stat tell tells the boiler and I suppose the three-way valve

Wrong the 3 way valve as you call it tells the boiler when to come on, all the other controls tell the 3 way valve what position it should be in, just post a pic of the boiler and we will tell you what you have , with the control panel down if it has one saying you have a Worcester Greenstar is like saying you have a Ford car and expecting us to know which one there are loads of them

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
one photo

Attachments

• IMG_4119.jpeg
    IMG_4119.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 57
you have a worcester Greenstar 24i or 28i Junior the badge on the bottom left hand side will tell you which one but it doesnt really matter they are both the same control wise, if you know how to test the electrics to the 3 port valve and everything there is correct then there is a well documented problem with induced current using 5 or 4 core cable to the boiler that causes your exact fault, a very cheap and easy fix, but without being in front of the boiler cant say with any certainty that is the fault

is there a link on the Internet that is available to do this I enclose a photo of the electric box. not please describe more please? Thank you for all this help

Attachments

• IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    331.3 KB · Views: 61

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back