Problem with Drayton SCR after Powercut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Merry Christmas

I have a Drayton RF3 Wirless control with a Honeywell thermostat. We had a powercut yesterday which has now come back on but since the powercut we have no central heating. The hot water is working but there is just a red flashig light on the Drayton device.
Is there something that needs reconfiguring?

Thanks a lot
Dan

Sponsored Links
dont know off hand , but heres the instructions properly somewhere in here .cheershttp://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/instructions/DigistatPlus3.pdf

It shouldn't need reconfiguring, but these are problematic units.
The order in which you put the batteries back is crucial!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, its my Grandmas house that has the problem so I've just gone round and had a look. Its actually a little bit different than the problem I described.

She actually has a Honeywell thermostat and a Drayton SCR Wireless receiver. The Thermostat is showing the time and looks to be on properly but the red alarm light is flashing on the SCF device and no buttons that you press on the SCF make any difference, its like a really fast flashing almost that fast it could be that the light is on constant?
Any ideas?

Thanks again

...She actually has a Honeywell thermostat and a Drayton SCR Wireless receiver. ...
Rather unlikely; different brands do not communicate. One is probably disconnected.
Hi,

I'm pretty sure this is the setup she has, the Honeywell stat is the device that she has always used to up the temperature, turn the hot water on etc and the boiler has only stopped working since this red alarm light has come on on the Drayton device so I'm pretty sure they are both still functional.

Thanks,
Dan

I'm pretty sure this is the setup she has, the Honeywell stat is the device that she has always used to up the temperature, turn the hot water on etc and the boiler has only stopped working since this red alarm light has come on on the Drayton device so I'm pretty sure they are both still functional.
Can you provide numbers or post pics of the Honeywell and Drayton devices?

Hi,

I've managed to get some pictures, I've also found another Drayton device so I think thats where the confusion has come from.

This the picture of the Drayton device (the light next to where it says alarm is the one that is flashing red really fast)
DSC00847.jpg

And this is the other Drayton device which I'm assuming pairs up with the one with the alarm light

DSC00850.jpg

I have tried taking the batteries out of the RF1 device but it has no effect on the red light on the other device, like wise if I take the device with the red flashing light off the wall and put it back on the light starts flashing straght away again.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

I've managed to get some pictures, I've also found another Drayton device so I think thats where the confusion has come from.
The Honeywell device is a programmer (timer); it has nothing to do with temperatures, which is the job of the Drayton RF1.

The Hot Water and Heating are both turned OFF in the pic. You need to have them in one of the other positions if you want to get any hot water or heating. "Cont" means ON for 24 hours per day; "Once" means ON in the morning and OFF at bedtime; Twice means ON in the morning and OFf when you go to work, then ON when you come home and OFF when you go to bed. As it's your grandmother's house and assuming she is retired, she should have it on "once".

ST699 Instructions

You can download the instructions for the RF1 from the bottom of this page

The battery symbol indicates that the batteries need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back