Problem with glass bath/shower screen

18 Nov 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hope this is the correct forum for this question.

My bath/shower has a hinged glass screen fitted and there is a gap around the part where the glass meets the metal wall bracket. The bracket is a u-shaped channel (if viewed from above/below) and one end of the screen extends into the channel and is held to the bracket by two hinges.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a product (such as a rubber seal or something similar) which I could insert between bracket and glass and which runs the length of the channel in order to block the gap and prevent water escaping through the gap and onto the floor.

I say rubber because I presume it needs to be flexible enough to still allow the glass screen to move on its hinges.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local