Problem with glow worm compact central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a problem where the above is not working correctly and it sounds like pump could be jammed. No hot water but pilot light remains on. Anything I can try before paying out for someone to take a look?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
Have tried that and it did try to fire up but not much.Pump has been making a lot of noise for a while now so do you think this is R.I.P for it and is it possible to buy new one?

Cheers for coming back so quick

Sponsored Links
It could be the pump or the diaphragms need replacing. I would get a corgi man who is confident with the Compact.

8) in order to check your pump, fold down the front with the pcb in, as your looking at pump you will see a nice big fat screw in the middle of it, put a towel over fold down front and undo screw, look at where its come out of and see which way the arrow is going, now aatempt to turn pump with a small screw driver, if it spins freely its not the pump.
if memory serves me there is a filter in the block behind pump which can get clogged with system debris. remove and clean.
Have fun.!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back