Problem with my Scantronic Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi People!

Awesome forum and site!!

My issue

Got a Scantronics system installed - its 3 years old

All of a suddent yday - at 4am the alarm went off without it being "activated". Went downstairs to put it off and then same thing 30 mins later. On the keypad it says "Bell Tamper". Thought great! Called the company that installed it and they want £160 to come out as its holiday period!!! LOL

Anyway - that wasnt happening and to be honest they dont impress me.

So did some reading and still cant come up with much. Yday I replaced the batter as I thought it could be that - and also the voltage on the other batter was dropping.

Anyway - NOW on the kaypad I have 6 bloody errors! Key pad error [and didnt even touch that] - exp error [didnt touch the expansion module] and few others relating to the cover tamper etc!!! I have put the new batter in and that errors now on the keypad as well!

Something clearly isnt right

Now do I need to reset the errors via the engineering code for them to go away and reset - and if the problem still exists they will come back on/ I am assuming yes

I dont have the engineer code

Jay

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid that by removing the lid from the control unit and disconnecting the battery, you may have caused the panel to require an "engineer reset".

I presume you have a 9751 panel from your description. By default (you can't disable this option either) these panels will require an engineer reset for any of the following:

Keypad Disconnected/Missing
Aux Fuse Failure
Low Battery

This means that unless you have the engineers code, you're defaulting and reprogramming the system (not the best panels to reprogram, and I've fitted loads of them!) or getting an alarm company out to do it for you in the new year.

The original fault will be caused by the tamper switch on the external sounder on your system or the cable connecting it to the panel could be damamged.

I'm afraid that by removing the lid from the control unit and disconnecting the battery, you may have caused the panel to require an "engineer reset".

I presume you have a 9751 panel from your description. By default (you can't disable this option either) these panels will require an engineer reset for any of the following:

Aux Fuse Failure
Low Battery

This means that unless you have the engineers code, you're defaulting and reprogramming the system (not the best panels to reprogram, and I've fitted loads of them!) or getting an alarm company out to do it for you in the new year.

The original fault will be caused by the tamper switch on the external sounder on your system or the cable connecting it to the panel could be damamged.

Thanks for that mate.

I figured that it needed a engineer reset. Damn!

However

Aux Fuse Failure
Low Battery

We didnt remove the battery for a while and first time when we removed the cover and put it back on more errors came up [and this was when we didnt touch the battery or the keypad at all] - and we didnt even touch the other parts as well [exp etc]...why would this happen?

I can only assume that you have accidentally disturbed some loose connections on the data terminals (bottom left corner of the main board inside the panel). It seems the only logical explanation, especially given both the keypad and expander are connected to the same terminals. Might be worth posting a picture of the panel, it may be something obvious that's come out?

Have you tried putting in your code followed by the tick (you need to acknowledge each fault present, so you press the tick button according to how many faults you scroll through). After all that, enter your code again. This is the normal reset proceadure.

It's worth trying anyway, but bear in mind it won't reset any faults that are still present or any faults that require an engineer reset.

Sponsored Links
Ill take a look mate

So with the engineer code - how easy is it to reset it? As I guess if the fault is still there then itll come back up - but I have a feeling they wont be

Engineer reset is the engineer code, 99 and tick, but it won't work if the fault is still there.

99 and tick? i thought the engineer code was another 4 chracter code thats set by the company?

It's the engineer code (4-6 digits, prefixed with a 0) then 99 tick once you've entered it.

Sorry, should have been more clear. Unless you know the number, you're stuffed.

Hi Scott

How scary is this!!

I just got a call back from the Installer! lol.

Anyway - I asked for the installer code and he gave it and its now in Installer Mode.

Im not sure what to do next though and he says hell get someone round on Monday.

so its disarmed and in installer mode. Is it worth reseting the faults? if so is that easy? Ive noticed all the PIR now are off as its ssat in installer mode

As above, from the "Installer Mode" banner, enter 99 followed by tick.

It should say "Exit Eng?"

Press tick. Any faults left on the system will be displayed on the screen.

The fact that your PIR's are'nt lighting up is not a good sign!

ok just did that and it says "batt missing" when the battery is connected. Ill put the other one back in i think. As its in installer mode still will the bell go off when I remove the cover?

right put the old battery back and the kaypad went to "zone tamper Z11"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back