Problem with my Vaillant turbo max 24 E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vaillant turbo max 24e and a wired thermostat which just has TOWERSTAT SP written on the front.

When the hot water is switched on, it somehow cuts out the boiler which I shuts down the central heating system.
The water when switched on, stays hot for a minute or 2 then goes cold and never gets back hot.
Because of this, as I said the central heating system switches off.

Recently (3 weeks ago), the diverter valve was changed which kept the water hot for a while.

The current problem started a week and a half ago.

The heating goes off when the hot water is switched on.

In addition, when the hot water is switched on, the green light on the boiler keeps flashing, if this helps.

Sometimes I am able to restart the heating system when I adjust the temperature on the wired thermostat but I do not understand why I have to keep doing this

Sponsored Links
The heating goes off when the hot water is switched on. In addition, when the hot water is switched on, the green light on the boiler keeps flashing
That's normal operation on the Turbomax (is it the VUW 824 or VUW 242 model?). But the hot water failing after a minute or two isn't right. I suspect that the diverter valve change may have been a mistake since it does not appear to have solved the problem. Since you have paid someone to fix it and they have not done so, you might consider calling them back.

I think there may be a common problem with the (Aquasensor?) flow switch on these. However the diverter valve is notorious for repeated failure so that can't be ruled out. A search of this forum should lead you to the relevant threads.

Sponsored Links
Another quick question.

What position does the hot water and radiator dials have to be??

1 o'clock 2 o'pclock etc??

Also my thermostat, what temperature do you advice I set it, when I turn the heating on??

at the moment it ranges from 24 to 26

Haven't you posted this question before? sounds very familiar - are you Andy33? It doesn't help to make multiple postings under different names, as if we're too stupid to spot it.

Ok, sorry for doubting you, but your penultimate post bore an uncanny resemblance to another that I saw in the last couple of days.

Anyway, to sort of answer your questions, have you tried reading the manual? The room stat should be set at a temperature which is comfortable - typically this is 21C, depending on where the room stat is located.

oK thanks for that.

At the moment, I got it on 26 sometimes 27.

Does it make a difference regarding the temperature of the radiators.

Also what position should i leave the radiator dial on the actual boiler. I got it on 5 o'clock position at the moment

Any suggestions?

Since I posted the original question, I have no more hot water or heating and the green light keeps flashing. There is no demand for anything.

I have the Vaillant Turbomax 823E Combi Boiler (inherited 6 weeks ago when moved into new house).

The dials on the front are the temp settings for the boiler water and the DHW (domestic hot water).

I have my dials set to 55C on the water which is set at about 1 oclock (this is the top dial).

The bottom dial is the boiler water temp, again I have mine set to 60C this is about 2 oclock on the dial.

The reason the green light is flashing is due to the temp setting being set at max or hot water usage (the flow sensor for the hot water may faulty). Try setting the water temp to minimum and the light should stop flashing (the green light indicates water usage).

As mentioned earlier the central heating must be switched off to produce hot water, this is normal, but it does seem as if you have another problem.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards.

Dean.

Failure of the diverter valve is easy to identify. It sticks in a previous position and does not always move to the next!

Stuck in CH position: gives CH as demanded, gives CH when DHW is demanded.

Stuck in DHW position: gives DHW as demanded, does not give CH

Tony

how long roughly does it take for your bolier to restart the CH. even though its supposed to be on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back