Problem with Powermax 155

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently got our Powermax 155 repaired, as it had leaks, and was just not working.

The day we got it repaired, it was working fine, the hot water and central heating etc

But now the next day (today- 1st nov), whenever i go to turn on the hot water or central heating, it lights red (Lockout).

I try using the paperwork with it, which says turn the switch to off ("0") and leave it for 10 seconds, then turn it back on again
I did this with no luck.

I tried turning it off at the mains and leaving it, then turning it back on -Still no luck.

It has been having this problem for hours, even though it had JUST been repaired.

Is there any way to get around the Lockout without calling round a plumber again?

Sponsored Links
If you called a plumber to fix the leaks that that probably all he did.

Its may well be coincidental that a new fault has occured however I recommend you call a boiler engineer rather than a plumber.

Tell them the model as many people will not work on them as they are perceived as difficult and dangerous as someone died a few months ago after an engineer did something wrong.

Tony

If it is a sealed system top up the pressure to about 1.2 bar and also lift off the front panel (it probably wont have the screw in) and check the two red overheat stats don't need pushing back in (resetting)

I say plumber, but i think he is qualified to fix a powermax.

The overheat stats, where are they?
Are they the dark red "+"?

Sponsored Links
Yes!

But they will have tripped for a reason! Overheating!

Tony

Ok then
Thanks Tony.

We had somone round to look at it, and i think now we are just getting a whole new system put in..

Its probably due for replacement about now.

However they are repairable by those who can manage them.

Tony

Bit dramatic if it only got a bit of air in it after the leaks were repaired and popped the overheat but then I aint seen it I spose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back