problem with "servis" fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a fridge freezer combi. Fridge is on top.

Since moving in (it was here already in a part furnished place) we've had trouble with it. It makes a loud humming noise. Water forms at the back that soon becomes ice which I have to hammer out with a screw driver. Our food and milk doesn't stay as cold as it should even on number 5 setting. I think it was also leaking a tad as well the other day.

Its not looking good. I put a new bulb in that lasted a day before it went out. Land lords being unhelpful as he tried to give us a months notice to leave as he has split with his wife but by law he has to wait til we've lived here 6 months (this is our 4th) and even then he has to give us 2 months notice.

Any way I'm just really concerned It might start a fire or something. Thanks

Sponsored Links
is it a frost-free freezer?

You should never use a hammer or screwdriver to remove ice. You do not say if the ice is in the fridge or the freezer part.

Some people might like to know the model number.

The landlord has replaced it now.

amongst other things that have gone wrong in this place that was one of the easier thins to get him to sort out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back