Problem with tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am tiling my shower room from floor level to the ceiling. One wall has a small recessed window. My wife wants a 1.5" border strip incorporated in the tiling that will go directly below the bottom of the window ledge. If I work to the existing window ledge level the other wall tiles will finish 3/8" from the ceiling. The only way I can correct this is to build up the window ledge height by 3/8". Can anyone suggest the best way to do this please.
The window ledge is about 24" x 7" and at 3/8" poly filla is out of the question. If I purchased a small bag of ready mixed sand and cement would it adhere to the plaster finish on the window ledge?

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Greatgrey. :(

Sponsored Links
Much easier way than that; get a small sheet of 10mm plasterboard, cut a piece to the size of the ledge, key any paint by scoring it & stick the PB on using a trade grab adhesive & tile directly over that.

Might be worth some though about where you run that border though; personally I think they look better running over the ledge so they stop in the window reveal rather than running across & under the window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back