Problem with Vaillant ecotec plus 831?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above boiler which was installed about 2 years ago and we've never had an issue with it. It's installed in a cupboard and today I noticed something on the control panel. The central heating is set to a target flow temperature of 75 degrees. However the display shows around 48 degrees like below:

1A0F6398-4669-4D75-8766-12AB58267AAE_zpscpqzbe6z.jpg

The radiator icon flashes to about 55 degrees and then I get the timer icon anti recycling thing. The radiators (all 10 of them feel fine). The thermostat in the hall is set to 19 degrees but each radiator has its own TRV set at various levels depending on the room.

Is my boiler working as it should or should the display be going up to 75 before it switches off. The manual doesn't seem to be much help.

Sponsored Links
If the rooms are all warm I'd say it's probably fine. 75 degrees is far too hot to run a modern boiler anyway - it's just not efficient.

Have you had it serviced?

Hi,
Yes it's been serviced. I've read the manual again and it says that if you have an external controller like the one in our hall then the target flow temp should be set to the maximum 75 and the boiler will adjust and compensate. This probably explains why the temp reads in the 40's and 50's but is it right that it heats up for a few mins and then does this anti cycling thing?

Sponsored Links
D.000 setting maybe set to auto, which is the target kw setting. Sometimes if it's set to auto I've found in bigger properties it doesn't always reach it's target temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back