Problem with Waltons Shed Portabase - Not Square

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Waltons shed Portabase and assembled as per the simple instructions. The problem I have is that it's not square, i.e. the diagonals are not the same length - they are out by almost 2cm. The weird thing is that it measures equally along both lengths and each of the shorter cross timbers, so I'm baffled as to how the diagonals aren't the same.

The problem with the base like this is that the OSB floor of the shed doesn't sit perfectly square on the base :(

Any suggestions on fixing the problem? Hopefully some that don't require me to take it apart and start again.

portabase screen grab image.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think you have just created a parallelogram rather than a rectangle....can you give one of the corners a tap to bring it back - or is it glued?
Usually you can trust the base to be square, but its worth checking that.
John :)

It's screwed rather than glued. Two 100mm woodscrews through the longer outside lengths into each short cross piece. I'll try just giving it a tap as you say to try and get it square. As you said, the OSB floor base is square. I checked that, so it's definitely the Portabase that I assembled that's out. Thanks.

you will also get problems if the floor frame isn't dead flat

Sponsored Links
Just fit the osb of the base to hold it square.[tap into line before fixing]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back