Problematic shower switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an electric shower that has a pull cord that you have to pull if you want a hot shower.

I've pulled the cord, the red light has come on, but when I pull it again to turn it off, it just remains on.

I am guessing the pull cord switch thing just needs replacing, which shouldn't be too difficult I hope.

Are these switches all standard? Is it as simple as going to Focus, picking one up, isolating the power, swap it out - job done?

Or is there something I don't know about.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Check the fuse at the CU and confirm the circuit rating, a 40/45A pull switch is the normal.

Sounds like the latch is failing, which they do.

Not a problem refit, but the 10mm or even 16mm cable is a bit of a PITA to fit due to thickness and lack of flexibility. Terminating it is one thing, but getting the switch to sit back on the b/box when trying to close it all up is a mare.

Practice makes perfect :LOL:

Simple. Dont turn it off. We dont. :evil:

You may find some melted wires behind the switch. If you do, you MUST NOT refit a new switch until the wires have been cut back to new clean wires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back