Problems after descale CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a open vented CH with a Potterton Wall Hung Boiler. System is 18 Years old and has worked fine with several 3 way valves and one pump over the years.

The sysem was working fine all rads hot, but the boiler began kettling so I added a kilrock central heating cleanser. Every thing worked fine for around 5 days, then one evening the boiler would not fire the main burner even though it had a call for heat from both CH stat and Water Stat.

Next morning the system was working fine all radiators hot apart from one. It was hot on the flow valve and hot at the top of the rad, but barely warm in the middle and bottom. I have removed the rad and given it a thorough flush. It now heats up but heats from the top down.

All of the other rads are also doing this and they do not seem to be as hot as before adding the descaler. I am sure they heated from the bottom up.

Should the rads be getting hot from the bottom up?

Is this just a series of unconnected events or should I try soemthing else.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I suspect you have loosened compounds your Killrock could not dissolve and it has blocked the pump or pump valve.

Although I have heard of that make I have no idea whats in it! Can you tell me or were you just using something out of the bottle?

Of course the bottle will say it cures everything! Remember the checquer tape you stuck on cars to make them go faster?

Most professionals use products like Sentinel, Fernox or Kamco and the better ones know what the constituents are and select an appropriate chemical for the problem.

Tony

Hi Agile,

The product is Kilrock Advanced Concentrate Central Heating Cleanser and sold through B&Q. www.kilrock.com

With regard the rads heating from the top down. Is this normal.

thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back