Problems Finding Replacement Oven Due to Sizes, any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to swap our gas oven for an electric one and thought we had found the one we want, however it doesn't have the angled back that we need to allow for the gas pipe for the hob, so i'm back to square one.

There doesn't seem to be much choice to be honest for a built under double oven, and those that do have an angled back are either horrible looking or twice what we are wanting to pay.

So i've started looking at single ovens which is fine for us, however these are smaller in height.

The one I have now is 700mm in height but looks like single ovens are 595mm.

Do 700mm single ovens exist? If not, how would I go about covering any gaps on one that is 10cm shorter than what I have now.

I know lots of people have built under single ovens and assume their worktops are all at the same height, I just cant imagine how the extra 10cm is lost.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it not possible to get your gas pipe to the hob re-routed. You will have to get a gas safe engineer in to cap off your oven supply before you can switch so it should not cost much extra.

Is it not possible to get your gas pipe to the hob re-routed. You will have to get a gas safe engineer in to cap off your oven supply before you can switch so it should not cost much extra.

I've sent a picture of the current pipe work to the gas man who is coming to cap off and he doesn't think much can be done as its already quite tight on space.

I think we are going to just go down the route of a picking a different oven now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back