Problems Viewing Youtube Videos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please note that I am a computer dunce. My computer is an Acer Aspire desktop with 256 thingies of DDR ram, if that helps.

When I'm watching Youtube videos, they don't play properly. A few seconds of film play, then it freezes and the loading symbol (rotating circle in middle) appears, then a few more seconds play, then the loading symbol appears again. This goes on for the whole film, stop, start, stop.......

Is this a problem with my computer, or my connection? Also, occasionally a pop-up appears saying that virtual memory is low, and that my computer will boost it temporarily. What does this mean? Do I have other problems?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. Is there a way to get more Ram without buying a new computer?

Yes.

You buy and add upgrade RAM

its easy to do but since you have never done it before is there not a friend who can help? dont take it to pc world to have it done costs too much for what they do

Sponsored Links
You could go to Crucial

Crucial memory scanner.

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

Put your computer details in the boxes provided and let it scan you computer.
It should come up with what memory type will fit your computer, you can order on their site and get it delivered or make a note of the model and sizes and order from ebuyer or somewhere.
There is very little difference in price and Crucial guarantee it to work on your computer.
If you have the cash and your computer is not too old then try to get two sticks of 512MB to replace the single one installed now, or if the scan shows you can get it and fit it, one x 1024MB
dave

Back