problems wiring a boiler

at 6 o'clock tonight i had looked at it 4 and half million times, ok then just 3 million. all i could see was a blur . going back tomorro with a fresh head . should hopefully spot it then, if i dont im sure me sparkie mate will.

Sponsored Links
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, keep an electrician away from it, they normally cock heating systems up bad :rolleyes: post us a pic of the boiler wiring diagram for us anyway just for fun, s plans are normally straighforward as far as the boiler is conerned, orange is the boiler SWlive, then if the boiler has a permanent live one of them then a live out feed to the pump and N&E as normal, mind you I must admit that the diagram on my Isar makes you bozz eyed and yet in reality it's a simple setup.

UPDATE ON THE INSTALLATION FROM HELL:: :D
wired it all up, called for hot water- few seconds for zone valve to open water starts to flow, im thinking yes nearly there. boiler powers up. Fan starts , no ignition. Tried the same with -CH zone valve opens, water begins to flow boiler kicks in fan starts no ignition.
So i swear a bit , if a cat had been near it would have got it, think to meself wiring ok, must be something worng with boiler, go through fault finding and appears to be APS. I remove a hose blow into it, the switch makes and we have a spark and boiler fires.. Replace hose and wont work. I think the venturi may be blocked.
Then to top of it off put the cover on the terminal block, recheck HW nad central heating, and the boiler now wont ccome on. Looks like a loose wire in terminal block. By this time it was 6 o'clock so called it a day.
And to top even that, when i was checking for voltages at thermosat connections etc me mulitmeter probes broke.
I had heard of things going pear shaped but this takes the biscuit,.
Going back tomorro to recheck me wiring and try to unblock venturi. If i cant looks like a \service call as i dont want to do to much digging around and invalidate there warranty.

Sponsored Links
You can get this with all boilers but I tend not to use stuff from sheds as it's normally made by cheapo boiler companies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back