Problems with freeview..aerial?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just bought a new tv with freeview. This replaced another tv with separate freeview box with a perfect reception. The new tv gives good reception for some of the time but other times the picture is 'blocky'. (this is the second new tv I have tried with the same problem, if I put my old freeview box on the new tv it still doesn't work!). Can anyone tell me if this is an aerial problem, if so any ideas how much would it be for a new aerial. :confused:

Sponsored Links
You might just be on the fringe of transmitter area with a less than perfect signal. I have also found that occasionally weather conditions can seem to contribute as I have experienced blocky (pixelated images/ freezing and loss of sound) but this with a cheap tv top aerial. Also worth checking that aerial is pointing in correct direction to receive strongest digital signal

This site may give you some insight about your area and rec. aerial. Click on links to see your expected signal etc
http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeview.html

You might want to try an aerial signal booster before lashing out on a new aeriel as breezer suggested in a similar post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back