Problems with metal redi driver in plasterboard wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just put up a small cabinet using metal redi drivers. 3 out of 4 went in fine but one of them went in too far and is just spinning. Is there anyway i can rectify this as the hole in the wall is now too big and the driver just keeps turning in the wall? Thanks everyone.

Sponsored Links
Thanks PBoD can I just use filler with this be then strong enough for me to redress or do i need to patch the hole with something else? thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Burnerman was thinking of those but i'm not sure they'll fit through as the wall behind is hot completely hollow. There is a gap of approx 35mm then it hits a solid wall!!

There's the option of using a frame fixing type, keeping the end of the thing level with your plasterboard.....or even drilling into the brickwork behind to allow the toggle fixing thread to enter into before it flicks outwards?
John :)

Why make confusion by running two threads for same thing?

---------------
In response to your question,:No, there's no way to join two threads, sorry.
Mod

You used the wrong fixing, redi-drive is for hollow plasterboard, with wall behind there is not enough room for it to penetrate causing it to stop and spin putting a hole in the plasterboard, remove all fixings and replace with plugs after drilling the wall beyond the plasterboard.

The problem is there were various items around the house secured with these fixings (previous owner). They were the plastic ones but I couldn't work out when I was taking them out why they had their tips cut off. I realise why now because they were hitting the wall. Burnerman I did drill into the brickwork to allow the drivers to go all the way in and that worked for 3 out of 4 of them but unfortunately not for one and now the hole has been widened so the fixing is now just use in the wall. I'll try going directly into the wall with plugs as suggested.

I know I keep saying it but.. If only these architects would design houses properly with proper walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back